Sunday, October 1, 2017

"I am not a salesperson." Really?

- related to working professionals who are in a hurry to increase their income. 

In my earlier article (CLICK HERE) , I mention the importance to strategically position yourself to opportunistically generate more income including passive income.

To succeed Billionaires advised that you need this critical quality . Click HERE

Why should I be a salesperson? Too many Chartered Accountants are inward company focused. This is high risk approach as they are not increasing their personal value to company and not increasing their own income. HUGE MISTAKE!

However, many will say the above title . Let me debunk this myth and show you that you are truly expert salesperson.

Common objection- “I am not a salesperson!”

This is an objection I can personally relate to, as I have never been in sales. Yet, I personally witnessed many professionals and ordinary people become top sales people because of ONE Quality. It is the same quality that you practice everyday, unknowingly.


Image result for social party singapore
 
Pic 01: Are you a salesperson with Friends, Families, Business Contacts and Social Contacts (FFBC)? 


I’m not a salesperson
“Terrific! I’m not looking for salespeople! I’ve never been in sales before. I’m simply looking for passionate people, who when they love something they’ll share. We make recommendations every day for things that we love, though we never get paid for it.

 Image result for job interview

 Pic 02: Job interview, what do you say?

When you go for job interviews, do you sell your skills? How do you project yourself? Likely you mention your experience, personal qualities on industriousness and perhaps qualifications.



Image result for star wars the last jedi

Pic 03: Want to go movie?

    



When you want to convince friends to a movie, don't you sell the attributes of movie? The director, storyline, actors or the appeal of special effects. I am a Star Wars gig, I cannot stop telling you what the next movie is going to be. Will I be paid a commission?






Pic 04: Do I need to explain above?

When you see a potential marriage mate, don't you sell yourself? You put your best behaviour - being a gentleman, kind, thoughtful.





Pic 05: Where is the best Roast Duck in town? 





3 days ago, a long time friend asked me to recommend a good restaurant. I did. You know what? He went with 17 friends to the place. Was I paid a commission by the restaurant? Yet I am a salesperson. 

Really, we are salespeople everyday except for one important missing ingredient. We are not paid commission when we promote a restaurant, movie, company or shopping website. That is really unfair.

I nearly fell off my chair when I discovered in USA Stock Exchange a company that encourages you to recommend their biotechnology and for it, the company has todate paid out US12.6billion! That is TWELVE Petronas Twin Towers & KLCC Mall. 





Pic 06: Can you imagine, a world leading biotechnology that already paid out TWELVE Petronas Towers and KLCC worth of commissions? There are more to come.

   
Yes, there is money on the table. Do you want to be paid by recommending its world leading biotechnology?  Or continue to be unpaid salesperson for other organisations? Well, the choice is really for us to think about, doesn't it.

So are you a salesperson? Of course you are! 

Just need to direct your salesperson habit to profitable passive income. Anyone buying IPhone X?


Pic 07: Why are you not buying IPhone X? You gotta to be mad not to.get this baby...(state selling points why your friends must buy it) 

There you go again...sales person talk.

Feel free to comment or inquire how you can generate multiple sources of income.




1 comment:

Marcus Ong said...

What do you think? We are all natural salespeople. A great professional at that.

URGENT: SBL Exam Guidance for Dec 2018 Exams

EVERY SUCCESS IN YOUR DECEMBER 2018 EXAMS Change is the only constant. Kasturi Core lecturing team has now moved to 2 new locations. ...