Friday, April 13, 2012

Four Seasons

Dear Hardworking ACCA Students, 


 I shudder when reflecting my earlier life as an ACCA student. The exams were not difficult but the life as a student was! Endless hours of study. Not to mention the challenges of holding a job and other responsibilities. Exams stress. No doubt you are in what I was. But this is a worthwhile sacrifice for a better "season of life" in future.  


You can make it and will succeed! Wahid Omar of Maybank did it, Anthony Fernandex of ummm... what is that airline company again?... made it, Che Khalib of Tenega Nasional made it too and the list goes on.


Revision classes are coming. Work hard and join us, the 170,000 ACCA graduates worldwide. We  struggled and made it! 

SO CAN YOU!


The following pics are of the same place but taken at different seasons!!








Lessons on Life
You cannot judge a tree, or a person, by only one season, 
and that the essence of who they are and the pleasure, joy, and love that come 
from that life can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are up. 
If you give up when it's winter, you will miss the promise of your spring, 
the beauty of your summer, and fulfillment of your fall.

 
Moral
Don't let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest. 
Don't judge life by one difficult season.

8 comments:

Marcus Ong said...

Jia Yu,

Gambateh,

Tambah Minyak,

Add oil,

YOU CAN DO IT!

Marcus

Anonymous said...

"The exams were not difficult but the life as a student was!"

Sir, your english soooooooo super good! that's why you feel no difficult in exam... we get hard understanding the case study leh....

Anonymous said...

Sir, y ur english so expert? are ur parents speak english to you when young little boy?

Cert Killer said...

You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with your blog.

Unknown said...

Sir,
Boost up!!!

Anonymous said...

I am often full of admiration whenever I hear about your story of great discipline which is the story of you literally sitting 8 hours a day at your study desk in your student days, when I was a student in your lecture. I find it amazing that you are dead serious at it that you'd nap on your desk to stick to that goal. Though not everyone may have such tenacity as you, one method of discipline I think might work for those of us who just cannot be on our derrière for long hours is, whatever interruptions on our studies one chooses to take, no matter how productive it is, be it to cook, bake, exercise, play with pets, chat with parents, being a couch activist, doing housework, grocery shopping, reading, start a new interest like gardening, one must set a time & frequency limit. I suppose that is the song that time management gurus sing all the time which unfortuntely most of us often forget. I had strayed away from my studies every time because I had thought it was no harm contributing more than I had planned to the good of the above mentioned activities. I have to admit in the end, at the rate my studies is going, am no superlady, so the focus of my life now should only be on 2 or 3 things including my studies, so that I can complete my studies soon in order in order to move on to greater things in my life. So, first I must stop trying to be an excellent student, cook, baker, in sports, daughter, in having tidy house, serial grocery shopper & deal hunter, true activist, worldly...all at the same time. I hope this advice helps those out there who wants to excel in their studies like Mr. Marcus Ong but just can't relate to his method to academic success :) Now that I've put into words, I better stick to what I've said! See you guys at the end of the ACCA exam journey, i.e. being an ACCA affiliate!

Anonymous said...

Oops! I forgot to mention an important point! Here it is in CAPS..."..., one must set a time & frequency limit AND STICK TO IT".

Exam Cram said...

In my point of view You sure did put a new twist on something that Ive heard so much about. And How did you manage to make a blog that as smart as it is sleek?

URGENT: SBL Exam Guidance for Dec 2018 Exams

EVERY SUCCESS IN YOUR DECEMBER 2018 EXAMS Change is the only constant. Kasturi Core lecturing team has now moved to 2 new locations. ...